After six months or more of working on a series of stitched pieces I finally decided it was time to wrap things up. I put away the sewing supplies, sorted the fabrics I was using back into their color coded scrap bins and moved on. For months I've been saving things I wanted to add to my art journal and thinking about taking a different tactic in approaching my art. So far I'm incredibly frustrated, but that will be another post. I've created several new journal pages that I'd share. This is just one of them, but getting the rest of the pictures sized for posting will take me a little while. Which is okay, really, as it will give me something more to post over the next week or two. When I started this journal I went through and cut windows and page edges and other things, and collaged various papers etc. randomly throughout. The other day one of my co-workers was wearing an outfit in shades of teal and copper that I really liked and I wanted to do a page spread with those colors. I thought they would like nice on the pages with a window peeping through to an unfinished spread in purple, bronze, and old paper. I'm sort of channeling Michelle Ward here, as I decided to try cutting out a mask/stencil of a leafy front and apply it in different ways on the page. Loved the effect!
More to come. Right now I have to go bug the lovely ladies as SAQA for advice on another issue. Too much to do, not enough time, and I don't want to spend all day at the computer! LOLOL.